At the start of the season, B12H.com ran a "Five Questions For..." segment asking the five most pressing questions of each team. In our continuing review of the season, here are the answers to those questions.
Five Questions For... Oklahoma State basketball
1) Will Travis Ford's first full recruiting class bring a Big 12 championship to Stillwater?
No. They did win some big games, though. The biggest was handing the Jayhawks their lone conference loss, but they never really contended for a conference championship spot.
2) With the loss of Byron Eaton, yet 4 of the top 6 scorers returning, can the Cowboys continue to put lots of points on the board?
The Cowboys finished the season as the 8th highest scoring team in the conference. So, no, they couldn't scorch the nets like they had in year's past. In fact, the Pokes didn't top 100 pts in any game this year, although the netted 97 in a rivalry game vs Oklahoma.
3) How much better can James Anderson get?
Wow. Much, MUCH better. The Big 12 Player of the Year added 4 ppg on top of his 2008-09 18 ppg, increased his rebounding to 5.8 rpg and added an additional assist to his daily tab, registering 2.4 a game.
4) Obi Muonelo played out of position last year. Will the right placement on the floor help the senior better his 12.7 ppg average from last year?
Muonelo had a great year, and although his rpg dropped form 7.2 to 5.0, his ppg increased to 13.3. So moving him to a guard position did help to increase his scoring.
5) OK State will be bigger this year... but also slower. Will that hinder their ability to run with some of the Big 12 teams?
Yes, although their brisuing style did help them beat some uptempo teams like K-State and KU. Having Anderson on their side, helped them to be able to contain a half court set, as his ability and size proved to be a mismatched every game.