At the start of the season, B12H.com ran a "Five Questions For..." segment asking the five most pressing questions of each team. In our continuing review of the season, here are the answers to those questions.
1) Last year NU was the smallest team in college basketball. This year they brought in some size, will that help?
Let's see... a guard, Ryan Anderson, led the team in rebounding with 5.3 rpg. That placed his 23rd in the conference in rebounding average. The Corn center, Brian Diaz, placed 36th in rebounding at 4 rpg. So, I'd go with ‘no' on this.
2) Will Doc Sadler's JUCO coaching experience help the three incoming JUCO transfers adjust to division 1 basketball?
Quite honestly nothing Doc did helped in any way, shape or form. Let's just put this out there... they won 2 conference games. One vs OU actually before Oklahoma spiraled out of control, and one in OT against a Texas Tech team that won 4 conference games. If you add up the combined wins by teams NU beat (8) they would have placed tied for eighth in conference under wins.
3) Nebraska hasn't had a winning record this decade. Will they go 10 for 10 in losing seasons?
That was the lock of the century. I should have gone to Vegas with this one. The Huskers ended up 2-14 in conference and 15-18 overall.
4) How will the team cope with two transfers leaving Lincoln?
Poorly. I hate to be so bearish on the Huskers, but come on, they were awful.
5) Who wins more conference games, NU football or NU basketball?
NU hoops, 2 conference wins.
NU gridiron, 6 conference wins.
Overall hoops did edge out football in total wins 15-10, although they played 19 games in order to do so.