At the start of the season, B12H ran a "Five Questions For..." segment asking the five most pressing questions of each team. In our continuing review of the season, here are the answers to those questions.
1) Frank Martin brings the 20th ranked recruiting class to Manhattan. How can the 5 freshmen gel with the veterans?
Well, it wasn't the five freshman who gelled for the Wildcats, it was the veterans in Clemente, Kelly, Samuels and Pullen. So I think the answer to that question might have to be answered next season.
2) Is Denis Clemente the most fun player to watch in the conference?
He is clearly the fastest, and might be the spunkiest. He is a thrill to watch run up and down the court, antagonizing opponents while getting his team involved in the game. I'll go with ‘yes' on this.
3) Can 6-10 UConn transfer Curtis Kelly shore up the frontline for the Wildcats?
For sure. Kelly averaged 11.5 ppg and 6.2 rpg for a much improved K-State front court.
4) Is K-State a legitimate program again after nearly a decade of meritocracy (sans the Bill Walker, Michael Beasley year)?
You tell me: they finished second in conference this year and might be the pre-season favorite next year. OK, to answer my own questions, I'd say they are back to being legit.
5) What can we expect from freshman Wally Judge?
Judge came in as a much-hyped freshman, but didn't put up the numbers his Rivals.com ranking would have suggested averaging 3.5 ppg and 3 rpg. I think he'll get better, but his freshman year was kind of wasted.