Jeff Goodman of FOXSports.com put together his list of the top 25 freshman in the country and 4.5 Big 12 players made the list.
No surprise*, Perry Jones of Baylor was the highest rated Big 12er, coming in 5th overall.
Other Big 12 hoopsters listed (with overall rank in parentheses):
(5) Perry Jones, 6-11, 235, PF, Baylor — Arguably the most talented player in the entire class, the long and skilled Jones will be interesting to watch to see if his production can match his potential.
(8) Tristan Thompson, 6-8, 225, F, Texas — The Canadian was, at one time, considered the top player in the Class of 2010 before falling down a few notches. Rick Barnes will likely utilize Thompson plenty up front after losing so many big men from a year ago.
(9) Cory Joseph, 6-3, 185, PG, Texas — Here’s another Canadian on the Longhorns roster and he may be exactly what Barnes has been searching for since the departure of D.J. Augustin: a big-time point guard.
(17) Phil Pressey, 5-9, 168, PG, Missouri — The kid is a jet and is ideal for the way that Mike Anderson’s Tigers play.
* Since he still hasn't been cleared to play, Kansas' Josh Selby was listed under the "Waiting for Clearance" section with Kentucky's Enes Kanter and not listed with the rest of the group